Mount Holly Car Accident Lawyer
The township of Mount Holly, New Jersey is the county seat of Burlington County. One of the more highly trafficked areas in the county, Mount Holly has a significant number of car accidents each year.
Recovering damages and compensation after a car accident can be a complex legal process, which is why it is critical to have a lawyer advocating for you. If you have been involved in crash, an experienced Mount Holly car accident lawyer will determine your legal options, taking into account many factors, such as your medical expenses, physical therapy, current and future lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and more.
What Are Leading Causes of Mount Holly Car Accidents?
There are many causes of car accidents, most having to do with poor driving behaviors. Car crashes that cause the most harm are often the most preventable. Some common causes of Mount Holly car accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving is a leading cause of car accidents, with the threat increasing every year with technological advances. Texting, talking, and using social media on smartphones take many drivers’ focus off the roads, along with adjusting GPS systems and music. Additional behaviors that lead to distracted driving accidents include eating, reading, grooming, and conversations with passengers in the back seat.
- Speeding: Speeding is consistently a top cause of car accidents, especially fatal ones, in New Jersey and throughout the country each year. The faster a motorist is traveling at the time of impact in a car crash, the more likely the outcome will involve devastating injuries and damage. Speeding makes it more difficult to brake or regain control of your vehicle and is considered to be one of the most dangerous driving behaviors.
- Driving under the influence: Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is extremely dangerous and a common cause of fatal crashes. Alcohol is a top cause of traffic deaths across the United States. Illicit drugs and certain prescription medications can also be hazardous to take when getting behind the wheel. It is imperative for parents to talk to teens about the importance of not driving while intoxicated.
- Aggressive driving: Running red lights, darting in and out of traffic, and driving at high rates of speed are just a few aggressive driving behaviors that result in catastrophic car crashes. Road rage can also lead to aggressive driving and serious car accidents. When drivers become frustrated or angry and take it out on other motorists by tailgating, blocking lanes, or refusing to yield the right-of-way, they endanger the lives of others.
- Drowsy driving: Drowsy driving dramatically affects a motorist’s ability to safely operate a vehicle. Sleep deprivation can impair concentration and cause reduced vigilance and reaction time behind the wheel. Drowsy driving often leads to a vehicle drifting across lanes or off of the road, putting surrounding drivers, motorcyclists, and pedestrians at serious risk.
Possible Compensation Following a Mount Holly Car Accident
It is important to remember there are often multiple insurance policy claims to file after a car accident, which can be a difficult process. It is advisable to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible after being involved in an accident. A knowledgeable car accident lawyer will understand all forms of insurance coverage and ensure that all valid claims are filed within the statute of limitations.
The majority of insurance claims in New Jersey only address financial losses, such as medical expenses and lost income. State laws have limitations on what circumstances qualify a claim for being legally allowed to pursue a third-party lawsuit to address damages after a car accident.
New Jersey is considered a no-fault insurance state. In New Jersey, personal injury protection insurance (PIP) coverage provides funds to cover lost wages and medical bills if you have been injured in an accident. PIP insurance is no-fault coverage. PIP coverage means you are entitled to benefits regardless of whether or not you caused the accident. In addition to medical benefits, PIP coverage provides death and disability benefits.
PIP coverage pays your medical bills and a portion of your lost wages relatively quickly following the accident. These benefits cover out-of-pocket losses, regardless of who caused the crash.
Keep in mind that PIP insurance coverage will only reimburse you up to the limits of your policy. Your policy’s limits could be lower than the total cost of your medical expenses. If this is the case, you would turn to your medical insurance, disability insurance, or the at-fault driver’s liability insurance policy.
PIP insurance will not provide reimbursement for car repairs or property damage; it only covers medical expenses and lost wages. For this reason, you almost always have to file more than one type of claim in New Jersey.
Should I Hire a Mount Holly Car Accident Lawyer?
A skilled car accident lawyer plays a vital role when it comes to securing rightful compensation and protecting your rights during the claims process. There are many reasons to hire a Mount Holly car accident lawyer, including the following:
- Knowledge of the law: Enlisting the services of a car accident lawyer who understands the relevant laws increases the chances of a successful outcome. An experienced attorney can help you identify the legal issues related to your car accident and can provide references to cases and citations that support your cause.
- Handling insurance companies: Dealing with insurance companies without legal guidance can lead to unfair compensation. An experienced car accident lawyer knows how to interpret policies and handle negotiations with insurance companies to help you obtain maximum compensation.
- Determining compensation: A skilled car accident lawyer will help calculate the full amount of compensation to which you are entitled. The type and amount of compensation needed can change with time and the course of medical treatment.
- Proving liability: A successful lawsuit depends on proving liability in court, which can be more complicated than many realize. An experienced car accident lawyer will know how to prove the necessary elements of fault or negligence for your case. Sometimes, an accident reconstruction expert is needed to help determine how the car accident occurred and who was at fault.
- Supporting evidence: A car accident claim is only as strong as the evidence provided. A strong legal team will conduct a thorough investigation and collect sufficient evidence that connects your injuries to the car accident. Evidence in your case may include accident scene photos, video footage, police reports, eyewitness statements, and medical records. A knowledgeable attorney can also determine whether a vehicle defect caused the accident.
- Explaining settlement options: Most car accident cases are settled out of court, and an experienced attorney can help you understand your settlement options. At-fault parties or their insurance companies typically make compensatory offers. A car accident lawyer will help you determine whether to accept the offer or continue to negotiate your claim to obtain higher compensation.
- Filing a lawsuit: If settlement negotiations fail to provide you with the compensation you need and deserve, your attorney can help you seek justice in court. A seasoned car accident lawyer will provide highly skilled legal representation and strategically present all the available evidence.
A serious car accident can be traumatic and life-changing. A dedicated Mount Holly car accident lawyer will be your advocate.
Mount Holly Car Accident Lawyer at the Law Office of David S. Rochman Protects the Rights of Injured Drivers
If you have been injured in a car accident, reach out to our experienced Mount Holly car accident lawyer at the Law Office of David S. Rochman. We will fight on your behalf. Call us today at 856-751-2345 or complete our online form to schedule a free consultation. We are located in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, and we proudly serve clients throughout Burlington County and the surrounding areas.